- The conversation cards can be used in small groups as well as individually. The cards are intended to enter into a conversation with the student and thus clarify the request for help.
- Discuss with the students what the executive functions are, so that they get to know and understand these skills.
- Use the conversation cards with students who can reflect on themselves and their own behaviour. It is not possible to indicate an age for this, it is different for everyone.
- For students who are not yet able to reflect, use the statements on the conversation cards as an observation list.
- Start with a category that is closest to the request for help.
- Ask solution-oriented questions.
- Show a movie or draw to explain an executive function.
- Realize that everything someone does involves multiple executive functions.
- Use the intervention cards to further develop an executive function.
- Note the most striking talking points and the action points.
Suggestions for individual use
li>Use the Conversation Cards Ethics & Values during the periodic individual child conversations. Let the child think about his own educational needs.
- Have the student place all category cards along a scale line 1-10. Through this exercise it can become clear which executive function can be tackled first. What bothers the pupil the most?
- Discuss a single executive function with an individual pupil. Look for possible bottlenecks and discuss with the student how this bottleneck will be tackled. Have the pupil formulate a long-term goal and associated intermediate goals. Discuss together how the goals can be achieved and agree on a follow-up.
Suggestions for small groups
- Let groups of students discuss the cards and come up with solutions and give tips . Each group can focus on a specific executive function. Then have the groups share what they have discussed.
- The pupils discuss with each other the statements that belong to executive function. Then they each look at which skill they already master and which skill still needs to be worked on. After the discussion, everyone writes down an action point for themselves, and what they need to realize this action point.
- Use a card regularly as part of a lesson, session, contact moment or discussion in a small group or individually.
- Each group chooses a card unseen. Everyone first writes down their own thoughts about the statement. These thoughts are discussed in the group after an agreed time. Together, two tips are formulated per group.
- The teacher or group identifies who still wants to practice what.
Education and Ubuntu
Ubuntu in Education ↪
If you have any questions about EVApp, You can contact us: